Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still there

I'm trying my dambdest to enjoy my new life

But my mind keeps playing pictures of you and your new wife

Your smile still unerves me after all of this time

And apparently I think of you, cause I'm speaking in rhyme

I try and close my eyes but I still see you there

I can't seem to forget the texture of your hair

I'd be lyin' if I said I don't dream of your lips

Or I don't shutter at the thought of being lost in your kiss
All day long I'm good, doin' fine on my own

But I feel it at night when sitting home alone

This could have been us, been me, been you

But instead your just a memory of what was never true

Can't say that I'm not happy, my life is on the rise

However it seems like sinking when I remember those eyes

Am I hung up? No, I hardly even care

It's just those suttle quite moments when it still feels like you're there

No comments:

Post a Comment